Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Big Three Oh

My darlin' husband is 30 on Wednesday. Yep, the old man is getting old, and in preparation for the day, I'll sing one song per day to him starting today with this grand anthem to love by Donny Osmond, Sacred Emotion.




I think they filmed this in the salt flats, and Donny sure looks handsome in his "cool" clothes. I'm tellin you, I've had a mad crush on Donny ever since I was born on this earth with a body, and probably before then. I used to have the Donny and Marie barbie dolls with thier purple/pink/blue tango outfits...gorgeous! But even though I have this crush, I love my Michael more than anyone including Donny Osmond (even when he's dressed like Joseph singing Close Every Door...and that's a LOT)

3 days left of your roaring 20's baby!

UPDATE:

Tiffany and Michael like it at the end when they, as they so put it, "break it down" at :57 left to go in the song...aka, the end when there's just a drum machine and them singing. I admit, this was my favorite part too when it came out and I am not ashamed to admit I can sing every single part and word and note that Donny utters in this song. Don't be hatin.

16 comments:

Eliza said...

HEY...Marie was yours and Donnie was my doll. I was the 1st son remember? YOU the red bike ME the black...YOU the red phones that were like walkie talkies (man those were so cool) and ME the Shark bite your arm off game. HMMMMMMM do you think that is why I played more sports? See what influence we have as parents?

Dani said...

May we have a moment of silence while Mike enters the land of the thirtysomethings................okay, let the fun begin! Have a very happy bday! :)

Taylor said...

I guess that is pretty cool

Alli Easley said...

Eliza - This is true. But I will admit, I loved the Donny doll so much more than Marie. I may have even kissed him on the lips repeatedly.

Dani - You should fly down and sing a song to him for his birthday.

Taylor - I knew you'd do that. Mike says he appreciates the love.

Alli Easley said...

Ooo, he also said to you Tay that we are all just jealous about her talents because she's way better than all of us Oblad singers. Then I whapped him with my sweet Chuck Norris round-house to the larynx.

Mandy said...

happy almost 30 birthday. alli, you should make mike a cake like this.
i heard its only 5 points...per bite

Alli Easley said...

Oh my goodness, that's some Cat In The Hat cake! I'd eat all of it...in one sitting (not)

Eliza said...

Alli, who didn't?

Tay I totally knew that was it before I looked.

I like that cat in the hat cake I do I like it cat in the hat cake.

Lyd said...

I love those cakes! Aren't they all so cute! I remember looking at them one day for some reason. I don't know why. Maybe they were on Oprah or Ellen or something like that.

@emllewellyn said...

I have a hard time seeing a "cool" Donny after all the times I've hung around "Dad" Donny. This is weird. *shiver*

But I hope it was an effective expression of love for Mike.

Happy birthday, old man! I can say that now because I'm an old woman.

Alli Easley said...

Oh I have no problem seeing Donny as "cool" Donny. He's my favorite hep cat.

-KJ said...

I heart the "Mystery Artist" too.
Question: Is this video where Rico Suave got his start?
Finally, there is nothin' hotter than scantily clad construction chicks.

Mike Easley said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTX3CaTWbkM

Taylor said...

If that song was not a hit I bet it could have been part of an EFY soundtrack. Just add a few words like testimony and service and you've got a hit for Mormon youth 14-17. It even has the sax outro which is must for an EFY hit.

Dani said...

Oh Taylor how you have that soooo right! EFY all the way. I love how the EFY songs always become the "anthems" of the year too. I went to the Forever My Friend. That song would have worked.

Alli Easley said...

ew did any of ya'll watch that video Mike just posted? He has issues.