Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm Just Greatful I Don't Have To Push A Handcart Full Of Crap

For Memorial Day, Mike and the kids and I went on a little trip. We started it out by heading to my parents house in Vegas for Friday night, and then on Saturday the plan was to go to Zion for a few days but Mother Nature had other ideas. It was one of those thunderstorm/floody weekends, and even down here in So Cal, we had two tornadoes touch down about 8 miles from our house! Seriously though, we now have earthquakes, mudslides, floods, extreme heat, fires and now tornadoes. And we stay here because...?

Anyway, Saturday morning we drove up to Liza and Curtis' house and the kids just partied it up with their cousins the whole night. Sunday was spent at Susan's house for Eric's 31st birthday, and I had to see that sweet baby Taylor! I took some pics that night, but then came back the next morning when Rock Band wasn't blaring in the background to take the rest. Those are the pictures I linked to below.

So the plan was to go back to my mom and dad's for Tuesday to swim and hang out, but by the time we left Liza's that morning, it was about 11. All was going as planned, when Mike got a call from a job he'd randomly applied to in SLC a month or so ago. They asked him when he'd be in Utah next, and he informed them that it was their lucky day! So...after just packing up our car and saying our goodbyes, we turned around (we were only about a mile from Liza's house) and went back to change into fun clothes while Mike ironed his work/interview/church clothes. Eliza and Isaac and Miles came with us, and we all headed out to Salt Lake. We ended up at Rumbi Island Grill for lunch and then while I took Mike to his interview, me and my kids, and Liza and her boys went to Restoration Hardware to drool, and then after we were broken hearted from not being able to buy everything there, we strolled over to Pottery Barn for some more drooling and mourning. The kids spent a good 30 minutes playing in Pottery Barn Kids and after purchasing $12 bucks worth of salt water taffy (my favorite thing in the whole world, for serious) we got the call from Mike that his interview was over. Anyway, he said it went really well, and he usually gets so nervous during interviews, he'll blow it by saying something crazy...but he said that since he's still got a job here, there was no pressure. Anyway, we went back to Liza's for a bit and then finally got on the road for home at about 4 pm. We pulled into our driveway here in California about 2 am, and boy...we were dead tired. The kids were good, but our kids are really good in the car, all 5 of them! I'm sure the DVD player helps, but you know. Whatever.

Anyway...today, that job called here. The one in Salt Lake. And uh...they offered it to him. As in, he got a job in Utah! What?!? Ok so yeah, we're going on a walk tonight when he gets home to talk about it, and he told them tentatively "yes" but that he'd have to discuss it with his wife and kids tonight, and that after he prayed about it, he'd give them a call tomorrow. And the guy said "ok! Cool!" Only in Utah do they allow you 24 hours to "pray about it"...

So that's our update. Now you may understand why we've not been blogging for the last month or so!!! (I don't want to leave california!) The Lord opens doors where he wants us to go. My deal is, I have a firm testimony, but I have always had a hard time just stepping out, and having faith. When I finally divorced Joe, it was a leap of faith, an answer to prayers and counsel with my bishop that made me realize that I COULD do it. We moved here to get a fresh start, and it was the best thing we could have ever done for our family. This move to Cali was our family's way of stepping out of a situation, taking a breather, strengthening our family bond, and now that we're strong, we're ready for the next step. Faith is a scary thing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it ;)

17 comments:

Candace said...

It is so hard to do that. I commend you for being so good about it though.

Kristen said...

there are no words...you know how I feel...so excited for this...but so sad at the same time!!! However, you are right...the Lord does work in mysterious ways and when he talks...we need to listen!

Michael Moore said...

Allie, it is so good to be able read your blog and catch up on what is going on in your life. Good luck as you guys try to figure out this whole "moving to Utah" thing. I appreciated your thoughts on faith and trust, and am excited to hear what happens. I think you are one of the strongest, smartest people I'm blessed to know (and be related to)--So with the Lord's guidance, I'm confident you and Mike and all the kids will do fine, no matter what happens.

Michael Moore said...

I wonder how hard I would have to work to make it on your top ten "who comments the most here anyway" list?

Amber Horspool said...

i'm seriously crying as i imagine you guys leaving. but, i am sure that there are so many good things in store for your family. thank goodness for the blog world, so in a way, we can still be a part of eachother's lives.
CONGRATS TO MICHAEL FOR THE JOB ACCEPTANCE!!!!!

sixmoores said...

Yikes! That is great and we could at least see you every blue moon if you were in Utah. I would love that. I want to meet Mike. We are going up soon, so keep us posted.

Eliza said...

Tell your girls I found them a house next to DA for you guys to live in.

Mandy said...

pretty exciting news. congratualtions to micheal for the job offer. im sure you guys will make the best choice for your family whatever it may be.
call me tomorrow! we need to discuss getting together!

Ashley O said...

Yay! You guys have been on my mind sooo much in the past week or so...about this job situation. Anyway, I'm happy for Mike and good luck on decisions. You are wonderful. I got misty-eyed for a second there. I love you all!

K. H. said...

at least youre like 7 hours closer to me right? right? am i right?

Taylor said...

yes, but can you do the box step?

Unknown said...

Yay! We'll finally have to meet! Dinner when you have time?

Allison Easley said...

Thanks everyone! We're totally excited but still kind of sad...I love California, and I love my friends here. :(

Oh and Taylor, not only can I do the box step, I invented it.

Oh and Andrew! Yes, Mike and I want to do dinner in August! I'll let you know when, but let's not go to your old place of work ;)

-KJ said...

Cheese!

Stacey said...

Wow. So is it final now?
Also, how long from CA to Utah in the car? WE are going to do that in a few weeks and I am a little frightened. Do you recommend stopping at a hotel or going the entire way........with a DVD player of course. :)

Sarah said...

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Why was I not called when you were here?!

You better call me when you get here next!!!!!!!

YAY!

@emllewellyn said...

Wow. I'm so behind in my blog reading. This is HUGE! Congrats you guys! Now we can be Real Life friends!!