Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Festivus

Yesterday was Father's Day and we woke up and went downstairs to make Mike breakfast. The boys had made really cute handprint projects and cards for him, and the girls got him some slippers and some handkerchiefs (so he can put them in his pocket to have whenever he sees an old woman weeping) and Harper got him a book about animal daddies who love their animal babies. So cute!

Anyway, we made him bacon, eggs and pancakes with fresh strawberries from the farm down the road from us, whipped cream and big chunks of Ghirardelli brownies that I'd made the night before! So good! Afterward we went to church.

Yesterday was the last sunday we'll have with our calling, the CTR 8's. It was so cute, we went into primary and they had us come up to have us all sing our favorite song as a goodbye, and Mike picked Popcorn Popping. Jonah and Casey and everyone were doing the actions and you could tell Mike was so sad, but the cutest thing ever happened on our way back to our seats with our class at the back of the room. As we walked down the aisle, some of the younger kids who we're friends with were giving us high fives or quick hugs when out of nowhere, about 10 little girls and boys in primary, some we never had in our classes, mobbed Mike and just hugged his legs so tightly. I about broke down right there. Kids just flock to him, it's like he attracts babies and children wherever we go. It was so awesome, I wish I'd have had a camera. I looked back and there he was surrounded by kids of all ages who were hugging him with their eyes closed, or looking up at him smiling and he just patted all of them on the head or back and kept saying "aw thanks guys!". He felt really loved and appreciated that day. We had a really quiet day, and we were missing my dad. We always miss my dad on Father's Day. We love that guy! Hopefully we'll get up there soon to see him.

I'm so greatful for my husband. He's truly the best thing to ever happen to me. He's such a great example, and he makes sure he spends time with each of the kids separately so they feel loved by him as an individual. He's my favorite boy. Oh and he's taking me to Disneyland today...just the 2 of us. (with Mac and Aimee too!) Lucky me!!!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to meet him! I'm so jealous!

Have fun at Disneyland!

shauna said...

We'll see you this weekend...Have a great day at the big "D".

Eliza said...

oh man, I hate that I can't be there at DL too. I'll just have to go to Lagoon. pshhht!

Dani said...

What love there is in your primary! I have a feeling that will always be a special memory... ;]

So this being your last Sunday in your calling, you'll be pushing/pulling handcarts pretty soon to another "camp?" Wink wink :)

Mandy said...

fun fathers day festivus. sounds like your primary is sure going to miss you guys...and who wouldnt? you guys are awesome!

so jealous of DL. i have wanted to go so bad yesterday and today since they are the last open days on my pass until end of august. :( hope you guys had fun...how could you not. DL with no kids is even better i think. heehee

Eliza said...

Galactic Greeting my butt!

Lyd said...

Ahhh!!! So cutie!! Primary kids rock. haha It just seems like I was in there not too long ago! ha

And I need me another DL visit too!

-KJ said...

Give Mike a big leg hug from me.

sixmoores said...

franci 801-943-5714
Love your fathers day

Tiffany said...

You are the woman!!! I LOVED your luncheon pics! Have fun at the big D!

K. H. said...

where the heck are you and why wasn't i faxed your itinerary

Amber Horspool said...

Mike is a good guy. We've loved having him as our home teacher and Brinley has loved having you guys as teachers. She's so sad you're leaving and that you won't be here when she gets baptized...

We're all excited for tomorrow though!!!! See you then:)

Carla said...

Hey, Alli, whasa goin' on? Hey, I have a question for ya... do you know a Cheree Brox?