Thursday, March 15, 2007

I hate freeways

Today I saw dead people. There was a horrible accident on the 10 between Ontario and West Covina and as I drove in to work, I heard about it on the radio. A man driving his truck with 4 kids in it went off the freeway at about 85 and wrapped them around a tree. 2 dead, 2 in critical condition. When I drove by at like 10 on my way to Cal-Poly for an engineering meeting, there were still yellow tarps covering the bodies of the man and two of the little kids who died when they were thrown out of the car. It was horrible. I was sick the rest of the day. All I could think about during the meeting was how I didn't want to drive around with my family in the car anymore, and how I didn't want to go on the freeway anymore. I was surrounded by architects and engineers and project directors bickering over if so and so forgot to put concrete pan filled stairs on the drawings back in December, and who's responsible for the 14th floor nosings and how they don't match up with what the escalator drawings said...blah blah blee blah. Needless to say, I had other things on my mind.

I hate when things like this happen, and I really hate the fear it puts in me about my kids and sweet husband. I know families are forever and all, but I still fear losing any of them. I can't imagine living without any of my sisters and brother, my cousins, aunts, uncles...and on and on. I miss ya'll and we're all still alive.

Sorry to be Miss Debbie Downer, but today was one of those days that just about broke me. Oh then I came home and ate KFC and felt like I'd swallowed rocks. I can't eat grease anymore. Alright, I'll write fun stuff latuh.

Peace, nuggas.

UPDATE:

Here's the story

28 comments:

Eliza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliza said...

No..I know you weren't I was just venting about my fabulous annual visit.

Eliza said...

what happened to the posts?

Alli Easley said...

I thought you said "anal" visit for a second.

So when do you hear back?

Alli Easley said...

I took mine down after you took yours down. I thought maybe you didn't want to announce the blood test thing.

Alli Easley said...

dats awwww

Eliza said...

tuesday....I'm not worried but she made me want to punch her in the larynx.

Eliza said...

I thought I could go in and fix the no to know.

Alli Easley said...

You should have, then busted her straight in the chops with your fist

Eliza said...

she was just saying that brusing easily could mean lupus or it could be leukemia.

Alli Easley said...

She's a total idiot. You don't tell people that crap until you know! I'd be really ticked!

-KJ said...

What the HELL! OK, first of all the deleted comment was critical! The you idiots decide to leave all the other comments about doctors visits on a post about dead people? Some consideration please! Thanks for throwing a bucket of water on the party! Wa wa wa. Someone just say they are ok! Its making me nervous!

Eliza said...

I have a big bruise and the nurse asked where I got it from and I said I wasn't sure and she said to just watch if I am bruising easily because it could be a cause of Lupus or Leukemia. I didn't want to worry so I did some blood tests. I don't have any symptoms like flu, fever, blah blah so it is basically for me to stop thinking I might have it.

Alli Easley said...

Haha, sorry Kissy. Liza's nurse at the OB asked her about her bruises on her shins, then Liza asked her to take blood because she mentioned it being possibly Lupus or Leukemia (WHAT?!?!?) and then told her "oh, yeah, our lab lady is out til Tuesday. Sorry"

and that's messed UP!!!!!!

Alli Easley said...

yeah, what she said!

-KJ said...

Um, how come you didn't just tell her your daddy did it?

Alli Easley said...

hahhahahahahhahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


word!

Eliza said...

on our trip my mom was with Isaac at the hotel and when the elevator door opened he decided to put his fingers where the door goes back into the wall....and my mom about passes out. Then she went and cried in the car and my dad told her..."I still haven't forgiven myself for breaking her arm"...isn't that sad and cute? Isaac is fine...no scars.

-KJ said...

I hate retarded people like that. That is when you tell your doctor what she said. That girl needs some lessons in people skills! There is a sweet chart at Z Gallerie that gives you a symptom, a logical explanation, and a worst case scenario. Kinda like what that nurse did. . . a bruise on the leg, probably just bumped into something, you should get that checked out because it just might be lupis. My father in law got one for a gift because he is crazy that way!

-KJ said...

funny! I swear your mom passes out or trips and falls on every trip!

Eliza said...

yeah so watch for a blog on tuesday for the fun results... yuck!

Mandy said...

i hope everything is ok liza!!

Eliza said...

I'm sure it is. I hate when you think you might have something and then you notice every little thing about your body, "hey I have a pain in my arm...hey my hand feels tingly...hey I have a headache, hey my nose is runny, hey my face hurts".

Alli Easley said...

oh yeah? its killin me! ~ John Oblad

-KJ said...

ba dum chhhh!

Lyd said...

This reminds me of the test that I got from the OBGYN this last summer. She told me at the end of a test that I might have a tumor on my frickin' brain and that my blood test might help determin this, I needed to get an MRI, and to send the results to her. I got the MRI and they told me that the results would be in in about 3-5 days. Luckly I finally got a the results that that I did in fact have a decent size tumor TWO weeks later after my mom, Kj (I think), and I made calls to see what the crap was up. And of course, I will never go back to her and I never called her again because she's a freakin' moron of a human. So the lesson for this is that doctors, or mid-wives for this fact, can be freakin' morons, aren't considerate, and don't think before they talk.

-KJ said...

Let us mention that she wasn't even an OB/GYN!!! She was a freakin' midwife! That lady still bugs me.

Eliza said...

at dr. gordon's office it is like a year out to book the annual for him so he suggested that I see the new nurse lady that is there to just to paps. AND I would get in faster so I did. UMMM...never again. I'll just book next years now for Dr. Gordon then that will solve it all.