Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Good, Solid Weekend

My mother in law and sister in law came to visit us last weekend. They arrived on Saturday night and left early before the sun came up on Tuesday. Driving that 10 hour trek from Utah to Southern California is never fun...trust me...I did it no less than 10 times last year.

The kids had the best time with them; shopping, watching movies, going to movies, eating birthday cake, playing "Just Dance 2"...you know..."fun aunt Amy" and "Awesome Grandma Easley" kind of stuff. The trip was short and we wish we could have kept them here for the next month, but Amy has to be back to work and Grandma has doctor's appointments.

Speaking of, I'm dilated to a 3-4 and 80-90% effaced. Now, the baby isn't supposed to be here til the end of April but we'll see. My body is just done I think. Having 7 kids, 2 of which will only be 13 months apart is good stuff and all but I don't think 37 year old bodies like doing it so much.

The weather is weird as is normal here in Utah. Last Saturday we had 78° weather and the next morning woke to snow. Then Monday it was warm again and yesterday it blew freezing wind and rain all over us!  I love it but we all seem to get sick when it does this!

Lola's got a new habit of waking up in the middle of the night; just screaming and crying and even if we rock her or put her in bed with us, she's inconsolable!  I remember Harper doing this just before Lola was born. I truly think there's some science whether it's physical or Godly to it. Like, are they doing this to prepare me for a new baby who'll wake every couple hours with a sweet cry?  Either way, Sesame Street is her only solace. I swear, that girl cracks me up.

******************************************************

Lola turned 1 last month, Tiff turned 19 last month, Casey turned 12 two months ago and Jonah turns 14 in three days. We waited to have the candle ceremony til the California family came to visit.




Lola was impressed with the fire. Who wouldn't be? 1 candle For The Win!!!




Tiff, Casey and Jonah decided they still wanted to blow out candles but really didn't want photographic proof. Tough crap kids. Your mom takes pictures. Get over it.




And of course, we can't leave the 4 year old even though his birthday isn't til July. That kid likes to party, what can I say?




******************************************************

General Conference was also last weekend. If you didn't watch, you should have. What an inspirational weekend. I got tons of quotes out of it because if you know me, you know I loves me some quotes.

Here are a couple of my faves:

Success in marriage is not so much marrying the right person, but being the right person - Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Choose the one you love and love the one you choose

The gospel is built to "comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable"

Tomorrow the text from conference is available on the conference site and I can't tell you how excited I am!  There were 2 specific talks from the Saturday morning session that I can't seem to get out of my head. They both had everything to do with mothers and fathers, and wives and husbands. You know when you hear a speaker or a teacher or a quote and you think "that was spoken just for me"? Well, that happens often with General Conference for many, but these particular talks spoke directly to my sore and inquisitive soul. So many things are happening in our life and we're trudging through with our heads high while we secretly want to sit right down on the floor and cry. I know everyone's going through these kinds of things right now but last weekend couldn't have come at a better time.

I'm so grateful for words of comfort, whether they be from church or friends who stop by with sweet and simple gifts or a tweet in my general direction asking me how I'm feeling today. Now if I can just get my sorry butt to put on some pants today we'll be heading toward a really really good day.  Oh and thanks for reading guys. It's nice to know we're all in this together! (now I hope you sing this all day because I said that:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"sore and inquisitive soul" . . . I know that feeling. Will it ever go away??

"The Aimonites" said...

I am watching A Baby Story today and thought of you. I always happy to hear from you even if it's in the blog. I love the birthday pic's especially Tiff's scrunched nose. The kids look happy and that's always a good sign. I am excited for the newest wee one so post pics asap :) ok bye

Stacey Eaton said...

Great post. I'm ready to reread the talks as well.
Can't wait to hear about your next adventure. (Baby #7) Any day, right?
And I cannot believe you drove to Cali that much. We're headed down in June and from our house it's almost 13 hours. I'm already cringing. Yuck...

Leah Ferguson said...

SO cute!! Lola is a doll I want to steal her!! And can't wait to see that baby any day now!

The Smitty-Bodaks said...

Love that you threw in HSM3 in there!! ;o)

Audrey said...

I can't wait to meet your sweet boy. Love you Alli, you're amazing.