Tuesday, September 16, 2008

{simplicity}

I got this from The Simple Woman. I thought I'd share since I'm heading in this direction in my life...


For Today...


Outside my Window...a 100 foot blue spruce that reminds me of the smell of my summers spent visiting my grandparents here in Salt Lake

I am thinking..."Have I forgotten anything I can sell?"

From the learning rooms...Jonah doing an autobiography of a dime. Don't ask.

I am thankful for...the lady from the neighborhood who stopped by today to introduce herself and bring me fresh tomatoes from her garden.

From the kitchen...grilled cheese sandwiches with swiss cheese and extra thick bakery sourdough, dipped in homemade tomato bisque. {recipe here}

I am wearing...blue pajama pants and a black tshirt

I am reading..."Duma Key"

I am hoping...for peace and quiet and a restful sleep for my sister-in-law

I am creating...a recipe in my mind that will use the huge amounts of wild spearmint growing in my backyard

I am hearing...Harper asking me to read him a story

Around the house...a bit of tidying, atleast 2 loads of laundry, dishes are done, kids are winding down

One of my favorite things...is the night time, when I can relax with Mike.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Sell some things, fill my car with children and gas, bury my Father-in-law...

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...rocky road ice cream, fresh strawberries from the sidewalk stand down the street, whipped cream the lazy way (from a can!) and homemade pound cake. Enjoy something like this every once in a while, that's an order.

9 comments:

-KJ said...

Yes, but I am still sad. Gimme a spoon so I can dig into that Rocky Road comfort me ice cream.

Alli Easley said...

TOMORROW! You may have all you want (from what's left)

Dani said...

You're making my mouth water -- and what's with the tomato bisque soup? Sounds delish - can you share your secret? Was it the neighbors tomatoes that made the soup so exceptional? :)

Allison Easley said...

No way lady, canned all the way! I like their texture in this, and it takes so long to stew and peel fresh tomatoes. Here's my basic recipe:

2 big cans crushed or diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced
1-2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
4 c. whole milk or half and half

In a pan, simmer tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, and sugar for 10 minutes until thickish. Melt butter in large pan and whisk in flour; add milk. Simmer until thick and bubbly. Add hot tomato mixture to hot milk mixture. I serve with fresh chives or julienned basil. Oh and tons of fresh parmesan.

@emllewellyn said...

You and Jonah should read this essay that I had to read for class-- http://essays.quotidiana.org/addison/adventures_of_a_shilling/

Don't worry. I totally get the autobiography of a dime.

Lyd said...

WHUT!! I need me some of dat! All of it! I'm totally making that soup sometime! Tomato Bisque is one of my all time favs. And I need to read/listen to Duma Key one of these days. Now that I have so much freakin time on my hands, I need to get some books out and read!

Tiffany said...

Dang girl.. you know how to make a mouth water!!!


How's Mike? I think about you guys a ton!

Dani said...

Thanks for sharing...can't wait to make it. You're the BEST and please drive safe this weekend, you'll be in our prayers!

Ashley O said...

i love this blog. oh and cool autobiography. oh and make some mojitos minus the spirits. club soda. limes and lots of mint for me please.